A special thank to my understanding and supporting wife, for giving me the opportunity to spend so much time on this project.
Thank you!
Comments from other Ponton enthusiasts around the world are welcome. And from other visitors who not yet are Ponton enthusiasts..... Norwegian is not yet a world wide language..... so I do my best in english. Sometimes norwegianenglish.

Thank you for visiting my page

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hood and front fenders

My good friend and helper and I, have done a great job today. I was told it was a good idea to start with the hood because it was easier to "adjust" the innerfenders after the edge of the hood. So we did. We had to testmount the fenders a couple of times to make it fit right. A kind of difficult work I think. And we made a few scratches...... Arrgh. Then we rustprotected the fenders, and had a chokolate and Coca Cola. When the rustprotection were almost dry, (we are very effective some times.....) we mounted them permanently. We used butylband before mounting. And this special plastic band. Even the frontplate we manage to mount today. A very good job think. It is a good feeling to see the shapes of the car is coming true.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Radiator and water hoses

I installed new waterhoses all over the engine. I used 16 mm, 32 mm and 38 mm hoses. At this time I have by-passed the heaterboxes. They need serious restoration at a later time. The radiator was in good condition, and is just painted. After starting the engine, and let it warm up, I could not find any leeks. And the thermostat opened as it should.

At this stage of the restoration I have not used original band clamps. But maybe in the future I will change....

Electrical wiring

As I wrote earlier, I should use the electrical wiring from the donor car. The wiring from my original car was in a very bad shape. On the donor car I could test the funktions before disassemblying. I also marked everything when I was disassemblying. I did not thrust my memory. I had to change some parts of it. Mostly in generator area. I removed all bad textile, and wraped with new fleecetape. And plastic tubings at areas where that is intended. I measured resistans in all cables. I am very satisfied with the result, but I have not been able to test all functions yet.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A happy day

Today I was able to start the car, with the new engine installed. It ran really smooth, and after a while it also ran at idle speed. You should have seen my smile! The clutch seemed ok, but I could not find 1. and 3. gear. And not revers. Not that I know where to find it.... I have never been driving a ponton.

If anyone have a good tip about adjusting gearshift on these cars, please let me know.

Today I also was able to test the brake booster. The brake pedal went out when I started the engine. Is that correct? Opposite of what I am used to.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Refreshing and rustprotecting.

It was time to refresh the paintjob in the engine compartment, and then give the car a good rustprotection. Inside, under and behind. All products used are from Würth Norge.

Changing front axle

I found out that the front suspension on the donor car was in a better condition than my rebuild from the first car. So I decided to change. I lifted the body off the subframe with the engine mounted. Simple. I have not changed any parts on the front suspension. Dont fix it if it's not broken!!

But I bought new enginemounts. Cheap? NOT.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Pictures from the donor car



It's a dirty job to disassembly a 50 years old car. And some times a real pain. I have now done it twice, and is satisfied......

Engine out.

Testing, testing.... It ran like it should.

Friday, March 14, 2008

New house

Today we bought a new house. Whow!!! We look forward to move in. Now I have a good garage to drive my baby into.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Donor car

In october 2007 I bought this donor car. It was running and complete, but the rust had found this car too. I bought it mostly for the engine (very good condition), and the electric wiring. It turned out that the car had a lot of good parts, so this was a very good investment. The donor car is a 58 and my car is a 56, so there are a few differenses on the two cars. Some people may say it's wrong to put a 58 engine in a 56 model, but it works fine for me. And I am the boss.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008


From hell to heaven. The paintwork is very nice, and the car shines for the first time in many many years. This has also been a long prosess. The first problem was to find a painter who was willing to do the job. Most painters run when they hear the color and the shape of the roof. The painter who took the job did a very good job, but the price .....No, I dont think we should talk more about that.


New brakecylinders, master cylinder, pipes and hoses. Brakes are important!

Front and rear axle

Cleaning, painting and new rubber.